This is a walking tour of the highest order. We're not here to give you a <italics>pedestrian</italics> pedestrian guide to the city. We want you to feel like you’ve lived, drank, eaten, and shat New York City Rock, and frankly, we'd be flattered if afterwards, you decided not to wipe.
This tour will give you a wicked glimpse into how the edgy East Coast scene took its first breaths in tiny clubs before exploding to the forefront of culture. Your guide Jake has spent the last 17 years working those very clubs, since arriving as a 20 year old from Lowell, Massachusetts, with nothing but $200 earned selling bootleg classic rock tapes in the parking lot of a Rolling Stones concert. Who the fuck else is better equipped to lead you through the story of NYC's sonic bedlam -- how shows get booked, and how they go off, from the planning stages to when the lights go down and the curtains come up -- than a guy who:
* earned his first free-entry-getting "golden ticket" to a top-notch club by getting into a fistfight.
* collected cash at a seminal rock mecca's door while wearing a Mexican wrestling mask and handing out jolly ranchers.
* rose through the ranks to become the talent buyer at legendary rock meccas Wetlands, The Knitting Factory, and CBGB.
* founded NYC's sweetest independent concert promotion company, Rocks Off, the juggernaut behind the ballsiest live-music series in the universe, Rocks Off Concert Cruises -- now in its 11th year of convincing everyone from Bad Brains, to M.I.A., to Hank Williams III to rock their asses off on a boat, in the middle of a goddamn river.
* founded TRAGEDY: A Metal Tribute to the Bee Gees when he was 33 years old and hadn't played in a band since High School. Then shepherded the group into one of the city's top local acts, and onto the national and international touring circuit (let's just say Great Britain now knows the answer to "How Deep is Your Love").
In other words, this tour isn't led by some opportunist who read a couple of books, or by some washout who doesn't give a damn anymore about the very sites he's showing you. This is a guy ready to give you FIRST HAND ACCOUNTS of what he's done, and more importantly CONTINUES to do on a daily basis.
If you want to know how how the rock n roll business works, and oftentimes doesn't work -- complete with hilariously offensive, almost unbelievable tales -- this is your man. Yes, folks, NYC Rock and Roll ain’t dead yet. Join us on "The Evolution of Rock N Roll in New York City Through The Eyes of a Living, Breathing, and Working Concert Promoter, Rock God and Hell Raiser", and you'll learn just how alive it is
The meetup location will be sent to you in your confirmation email after your purchase your tickets.
For group rates, a private tour, or more info please email Sancho@RocksOff.com
A portion of the proceeds of every tour goes to Hardcore Against Hunger - Feeding Vegan Meals to the Homeless